Saturday, September 27, 2014

290 Calories, how many beer is that?


It had been 8 days since my knee tweaked and it seemed to be feeling ok, so I decided to go for a jog yesterday.  Now that I have finally figured out how to read the plans in Jack Daniels' Running Formula book I actually did it correctly.

White Plan Phase I, Day 1: http://smashrun.com/dominik.dabrowski/run/2014/9/26
5 min walk
10 x 1 min easy pace with 1 min walking recoveries (or 1 min easy, 1 walk, 1min easy, 1 min walk (10 times))
5 win walk

Change in speed over route

The run felt good with no problems from my knee.  It was around a field that has a gravel track, pretty boring, but until I'm confident that my knee can handle running on concrete this will have to do.  The two things I was concentrating on was keeping a short stride length and landing with my knees bent.

Went to the gym after the run.  I have been doing a routine out of the Men's Health Home Workout Bible.  It is a sports training program divided into 3 workouts to be done over a week.

I did Workout 1 today which consisted of:
Power clean, 5 sets of 5 reps
Skipped the jump squat this time because I'm not sure of the impact on my knee
B-1 Swiss ball incline chest press (alternating), 4 sets of 6 reps
B-2 Swiss ball reverse push up, 4 sets of 6 reps
High wood chopper, 3 sets of 8 reps

In the past I have found my knee to be most vulnerable during the recovery period the day after running or working out.  Hopefully this time I didn't do too much at once and there are no problems.

Next week I think I'll try doing the running Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and go to the gym on Tuesday and Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment