Saturday, October 4, 2014

Jack Daniels' White Plan so far...


 


On Friday I went for a run in beautiful Point Pleasant Park.  Although I don't run here often because it is not a convenient place to get to for me, I recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to run in Halifax.  The paths are gravel and in most spots very wide.  It can get a bit windy along the shore but you can usually duck into the woods for some protection.  The paths also offer a good mix of flat and hills and it is quite easy to stick to the flat portions if you want to.



So after my 8 day lay-off earlier in September I have so far done 4 runs from the White Plan Phase I, so one week worth plus one run.  As far as muscle fatigue and breathing the runs are not very taxing for me.  But once in a while, usually the day after a run, I do feel a slight bit of pain in my previously injured knee.  The pain is not constant, and there was zero pain during this latest run.  So depending on how I'm feeling on Monday I might move onto Phase II.

The way my body feels when I run, if it wasn't for my wonky knee, I'm pretty sure I could handle Phase III or IV of the white plan.  Maybe even the red plan.  Daniels does state in his book that if you don't find the training at Phase I demanding enough, move onto the next phase.



Since I bought my iPod Nano I have been trying out the Nike+ website just because the feature is embedded in the device.  There are some things that I really like about the site so I plan on doing some review and comparison posts about it, Smashrun, and maybe a few other run tracking sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment